An international trip requires a lot of planning. This includes researching the destination, planning your stay, booking air tickets, and buying an international travel insurance plan. When you visit a foreign country, you are exposed to many risks like lost baggage, cancelled flights, lost passport, health issues, etc. Apart from disrupting your trip, this also causes financial stress.
With the right travel insurance plan, you can be assured of managing the financial aspect of such emergencies without draining your finances. Many insurers allow people to buy travel insurance online. This is a cost-effective and hassle-free way of purchasing insurance.
You can check the features, inclusions, exclusions, and terms of the policy before buying. You can also use various tools allowing you to run a travel insurance compare check.
In this article, we will talk about an online travel insurance policy and offer steps to help you apply for travel insurance online in a hassle-free manner.
Steps for Buying a Travel Policy Online
If you are planning to purchase travel insurance online, then here are some simple steps to follow:
- Visit the website of the insurance provider
- Look at the travel insurance plans offered and go through the policy wording carefully
- Check the add-on covers offered and create a policy that caters to your needs
- Compare plans across providers using online comparison tools
- Finalise the policy and pay the premium
- Receive the policy documents at your registered email address
Things to Remember Before Buying an International Travel Insurance Plan
Here are some things that you need to look for in an overseas travel insurance plan:
- Cashless hospitalisation in the foreign country
- Emergency assistance, available round the clock
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Compensation for lost luggage
Here are some important things to remember:
- If you are suffering from any medical condition, do not hide it from the insurer. Make sure you are transparent about it to avoid claim rejections
- Every trip is different and covers a certain set of activities. Hence, when you are choosing a travel plan or riders, keep your planned activities in mind. This will help you choose the perfect travel insurance policy for your trip.
- The Ministry of External Affairs releases regular warnings and guidelines for international travellers. Keep track of all announcements made with respect to the country that you are planning to visit.
- Insurers might not cover certain countries or destinations. While the reasons behind this can be varied, there is no way to buy insurance for the said country from the insurer, and you have to look for another insurance provider. Hence, make sure that your insurer offers cover for your destination.
- If you travel internationally regularly, you can opt for a single multi-trip policy rather than purchasing individual travel plans for every trip. This can help you save on premium amounts and reduce the hassle of buying insurance before every trip.
- Some countries have specific medical travel insurance requirements for people visiting its shores. Make sure you are aware of these requirements and buy a policy that adheres to them.
- While reviewing the policy documents, pay special attention to the exclusions and terms under which a claim can be denied. Insurers follow these terms diligently. Hence, being aware of them can help file claims accordingly.
Remember, a well-planned trip can help you create memories and enjoy your journey. A travel insurance plan goes a long way in helping ensure that you are financially prepared for a wide range of exigencies. Follow the tips mentioned above and research your options before signing the dotted line. Also, make sure to buy your policy from leading and trustworthy travel insurance providers in India. Good Luck!